External School Review Report 2020
The school had the External School Review (ESR), whole school inspection by the Education Bureau, on 28, 29 October and 1, 4, 7 November 2019, and the ESR report has just been released. The report is laden with accolades for our students, teachers and the school, and remarks such as the following are really encouraging:
1) Taking into account the S1 intake, the school performed satisfactorily in the HKDSE in the past three years (p.10).
2) Proper measures have been taken to elevate the school development. To live out the Jesuit value of “Magis”, the school has been endeavouring for betterment. Concerted effort and thought are put on School Self-evaluation (SSE). The impact of the above is evident in the pleasing outcomes of students’ both academic and non-academic performance in recent years (p.3).
3) Students display good learning attitudes and abilities. Most are attentive and willing to express themselves in class activities (p.7).
4) Students are reflective and respectful. Both their academic and non-academic performance is good (p.10).
5) Students love the school and their sense of belonging to the school is very strong. Mutual respect and trust are found between students and the school (p.10).
Wah Yan shall continue to live out our spirit of Magis, doing better for the greater glory of God, and build a learning community with our companions.
Please click here for the full version of the report.